Monday, May 26, 2008

Those that objectify women

So a friend and I are walking around on Saturday the 24th of May, looking for a place to eat some greasy junk food and we decide that it must be a place we can sit down comfortably, you know, like in a restaurant. We settle for this fast food joint on Moi Avenue, Skylight Dishes it's called. It's dimly lit, very romantic looking, the colours are nice and cheery, then come the people. We are served by a guy who looks like he's got better things to do like attend to his running stomach or something. Well....

First we ask for tea and come to think of it, I cringe at the thought of what the contents of my tea are. You see, the owners of the place are the kind that like to spit a lot, even in public. It simply doesn't bother them. They spit and spit, any chance they get. The funny thing though is that I don't think about it until I've drunk the last drop of my tea. Yuck!

So anyway, after we are done with the tea, the waiter tell us that the greasy junk food we'd got into the restaurant for in the first place was not there. Okay. Stay calm, I tell myself. As we get up to go next door, the place with the highstools, for the grease that we wanted, I decide I'm going to pay for the tea. I beat my friend to the cashier's eager hand.

We are standing there waiting for the guy to give us change and I'm asking questions but the guys around the counter, instead of addressing me when answering the questions I ask, are addressing my companion! A guy! Okay! Please, girl keep your calm....

What?! I pay for the tea and the falas (idiots) give the change to my companion? What are they thinking? That he gave me the money? What is with these guys? They saw me remove the money from my pocket and give them the receipt along with the money. They heard me ask how much it cost, meaning that I was intending to pay all along. And the cashier had the nerve to give my change to my companion?

My muslim brothers, I shan't insult you too much for fear that you'll cut my tongue off or bomb my house, but you should know, that not even dogs treat their bitches in such a condescending manner.

So, the next time I come to Skylight Dishes, I'm going to buy one cup of tea with Kshs. 5000, cash, and when you rush to give back MY change, I'll look you straight in the eye and ask you:

"Where is the man you want to give MY change back to now, you homo erectile nincompoop?"

Pathetic!

No comments: